About Me

My photo
I'm Swiss European :) for the year ;)

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Babiessssssssssssss. Thoisday.


Swiss Princess Selina.

I will be in Liverpool in less than a week and I can't wait to get over to the U.K.

Here is a short life update: Friday December 3rd went to a company Christmas party with my friend Boris.  The kind of company that gives all their employees, and their employees' guests ipods as a Christmas gift.  5th generation nanos all wrapped and sitting on a table up for grabs as if they were boring goodie bags. Score!  (I thought about sliding a few extra into my purse, but then I thought about karma.)

Friday December 10th went to farewell dinner for my beautiful friend Elyse Van Herk.  Just her and I took the train to Zurich and after perusing the Christmas market for camel figurines, spontaneously decided on a pub called 'The Lion'.  Quite the classy place despite the name, honest.  We drank and ate and talked about Elyse's 7 month backpacking adventure through Asia.  Thailand was her favorite place. I MUST visit Nick and Lisa! Elyse talked it up so much.  She also spent a lot of time in Australia, New Zealand and India.  She's moving back home to Canada for a while and will be back in Europe in mid March.  Only this time she'll be living in Holland :(  So we had to have a goodbye weekend.
After dinner we went to a hostel bar in Zurich called Zic Zac. So much fun!  Hostels are great in general, of course, because you are meeting people from all over the world.  So a really happening hostel bar peaked my interest and it ended up being a great time.  I'm going back very soon. 

If you're looking for a good Christmas movie watch 'Love Actually.'  It's a perfect movie any time of the year but especially great during the Holidays. Watch!
I feel like I'm going to have a 'Love Actually' feeling this Christmas, seeing that I'll be in England, not to mention with a gorgeously handsome, charming, british man; Oliver Jones, whom in no way asked me to describe him using those adjectives. 

I hope you all have the best Christmas! I'm sure London will be spectacular and Oliver and I are going to have a blast in our Christmas sweaters at the pubs!
But if can borrow a quote from Dave Matthews for a moment, "turns out not where but who you're with that really matters."  So enjoy your families, I'll be missing mine.  
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooo



2 comments:

  1. baaahahaha shes such a cute little chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha love this! You'd better watch out bc that devilishly handsome Brit is going to try his best to literally charm the pants off you ;)
    Hopefully we'll get to talk before you leave but if not- Have a fabulous time in the UK! I know you're going to have your very own tour guide, but if you get a chance go on a walking tour with New Europe (google sandeman's new europe tours). The guides work for tips only so they're a lot of fun and soooo informative! I've actually done it twice! haha
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete