About Me

My photo
I'm Swiss European :) for the year ;)

Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's Christmas Time in Zug and I'm Thankful to be a European.



Hey guys :)  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving in the good ol' U.S.A.
Mine was surprisingly perfect. I had dinner with my friend Jamie and her host parents Mads and Genia.
They are a really cool couple, they met in law school at Boston University, and after they got married they lived in New York City for a few years before moving here. So they've had a good few Thanksgivings.  Genia is an amazing cook! The four of us had a nice little grown up dinner after Sasha and Sofie went to bed.  Red wine, turkey, and all the sides you'd come to expect at a proper Thanksgiving. Not bad at all considering I originally thought I would spend that Thursday in my room after work. 


I don't think I can say it enough but I feel incredibly lucky to be living the life that I do.  I haven't done anything specific to deserve the people I have in my life, but they are there none the less so I chalk it up to sheer luck.  
Not many people can say that they picked up and moved to a different country at the age of 22.  Though I do get to say, "I live in Switzerland!" That sentence would not be coming out of my mouth if it were not for Jen Cowan.  J, I don't think I'll ever be able to express enough gratitude for the wonderful situation you've put me in!  I'm really thankful for you and this experience. Thank you thank you thank you!

Allow me to elaborate on what I mean when I say I am so lucky.  What I am most thankful for in this life is my ability to meet the BEST of people and form lasting friendships with them :)  You guys all mean so much to me! My wonderful group in Pensacola who have remained close all of these years.  All the amazing friends I have in Jacksonville!  I find that I have been exposed to some of the most kind hearted, genuine, and hilarious people one could hope to be friends with. 
Each and every one of you bring so much to the table, you have all enhanced my life in so many ways :)  And Zug has been no exception. 

Tonight I had dinner with some good friends, Tom, Michelle, and Matt.  Tom and Michelle are the kind of people who instantly make you feel welcome.  After all, they have only known me a short time and yet they have invited me into their lives and have quickly made me feel like Zug is my home.  I was skyping my parents this afternoon at starbucks when Tom called me and said, "Hey we want you to come over for dinner, we're making fondue so just head over soon."  They are so sweet and so hospitable.  
Some authentic swiss fondue + white wine + good people = a perfect Sunday evening. 

It's just such a warm feeling to know that no matter where I go in this life and no matter what I do, it seems there will always be amazing people around who offer their friendship to me. And for that I am truly thankful!


(A parting note:  Get ready for some serious travel blogs coming your way!!
I am headed to Liverpool and London for Christmas!  Spain in February and Ireland in March!
Also I am moving out of the convent and into an apartment with my soon to be roommie Matt in January!!)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment